Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lucie Arnaz Busy Managing Parents' Estate

BY PHILIP POTEMPA
This story ran on nwitimes.com on Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:06 AM CDT

Desi Dealings

I received the following interesting letter this week from Kimberly Lovell and I'm ready to offer some help:

"Mr. Potempa: I just discovered the article you did regarding Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. keeping their parents' memory alive. I have a question for you. Do you know how I can get in touch with the estate of Desi Arnaz? Recently, I was given what may be a piece of artwork supposedly done by Desi, Sr. from someone who worked at CBS during the years Desi and Lucy were popular figures there. I haven't found any research that says he ever did any sort of artwork, so I'm very skeptical about this but I'd still like to check it out in case I'm wrong. If it is his, perhaps his family would want it. If it's not, I'd like to know so I can give it to someone who might enjoy it. It's definitely Cuban type artwork. And, I like the Impressionist period out of France much better. Anyway, if you have any ideas on how to contact them, I'd appreciate it."

Both Arnaz children continue to manage their parents' massive estate, including all requests for film and show clips and merchandise licensing. I've not met Desi Jr., who turned 53 this year. But I have interviewed Lucie a few times and it's my understanding she handles most of the day to day duties.

"On any given day, we field dozens of requests for countless licenses to merchandise rights," says Lucie.

"I really hate coming into my office in the morning and finding a full set of bobbling head dolls on my desk that look like some Hitchcock interpretation of my parents. It's a lot to take in before you've had your coffee."

Given this lament, I think your correspondence and question would be a breath of fresh air.

Lucie, 55, just finished a Broadway run starring in "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," which unfortunately closed Sept. 3. The other bad news is Lucie had to drop out of some of the final weeks of performances after she needed knee surgery.

Rather than mailing her at her Desilu too, LLC offices, please contact her at home while she's on the mend:

You can write to her at:

Lucie Arnaz

R.R. #3 Flintlock Ridge Road

Katonah, NY 10536

or e-mail her at asklucie@LucieArnaz.com

Source:
http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/2006/09/10/columnists/offbeat/f44d17dea8cbc806862571e20078f388.txt