Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tentative LDCH Release Date, Lucy's Great Grave, Etc.

I have a bunch of random Lucy news and mentions so I thought I would put it all here for you in one post.

Tentative LDCH Release Date

According to Still in Love With Lucy by Thomas Watson, CBS/Paramount Home Video is aiming for February 13 as the release date for The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

Lucy's Great Grave
Lucille Ball's life story is documented in the book Great Graves of Upstate New York by Chuck D'Imperio, a disc jockey at WDOS-WSRK Radio. There's an article about Mr. D'Imperio here.

William Frawley and Vivian Vance are also mentioned in a new book by Brian Thomsen.

Lucille Ball in the 1930s
This blog has an interesting timeline of Lucy's Life in the 1930s.

Carol Burnett talks about Lucy in her stage show.

“After I won the Mister Hercules contest, a Hollywood agent convinced me to go to California to meet with Desilu Productions owners Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz,” Lupus said. “At first I was cast in small parts, but later I got the Willy Armitage role and acted for seven years.”

Remembering Carol C. Watkins: "Her friend Desi Arnaz once told her, 'Carol, you are the real Lucy.'"