Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lily Tomlin Speaks About Meeting Lucy

Talk Greenville interviewed comedian and actress Lily Tomlin. Here is what Ms. Tomlin had to say about Lucille.

Talk Greenville: You looked up to Lucille Ball as a child. Did you ever get to meet her?

Lily Tomlin: People magazine once asked her about young comedians coming up. When she got to my name, she said ‘I don’t get her.’ I was devastated. I about died, thinking, ‘This is the end of it for me.’ (Years later) I had dinner with her one night, Bette Midler and I. She was wonderful. We laughed until we were sick. She did a whole bit about a root canal and then going to the Tonys. She did it for 20 minutes at the table. I thought I was going to die.


Talk Greenville: Did you bring up her quote in People magazine?


Lily Tomlin: Ohhh, noooo! (laugh)

This is an excerpt. Read the entire article here:
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200660927012